The mayor’s Citizen of the Year award is presented annually to an individual/couple whose volunteerism, outstanding service, and dedication have made a significant contribution to the community. This year’s nomination due date is March 15. Residents are invited to nominate candidates with the following qualities:
- Continually volunteers time, dedication, and talents to make Jefferson Township a great place to live, work, play, and learn.
- Makes a positive difference in the lives of fellow citizens.
- Dedicated to Jefferson and expresses concern for others through service, school, church, or community committees.
- Shows willingness to work with other residents, is enthusiastic about the town and its citizens, and works continually toward the betterment of the community.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity.
Selection of the award recipient will focus on achievements during the preceding calendar year as well as past achievements and ongoing contributions to the community. Only one nomination is required for consideration; the number of nominations received per candidate will not affect the selection process.
How to Nominate
To nominate a friend, neighbor, or relative who has given unselfishly to help others and meets any of the criteria above, submit a one-page application form available at the municipal building or online at www.jeffersontownship.net (scroll to Form Center on the left; click and select Citizen of the Year Award to download the form).
Completed forms must be submitted no later than Friday, March 15, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by U.S. mail or in person (Jefferson Township Municipal Building, 1033 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849).
Nominees will be invited to a Township Council meeting, where the identity of the award winner will be made known. Nomination information may be used for publicity purposes.