The Jefferson Recreation Department wants you to see your holiday best! Get your home holiday ready and possibly win a prize in the township’s Holiday Home Decorating Contest.
Here are the rules and information for the contest:
- Entry is free.
- Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Jefferson Township as defined by the tax map.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- Participants agree to send photos to email@example.com along with your name, address, and phone number to be posted on the township Facebook page for virtual judging and or in-person judging (for those who would like to drive by the address to observe the decorations in person). Phone numbers will not be posted and are for township use only; however, a list of all addresses with decorations will be posted for residents’ viewing pleasure. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Judging will be performed by Jefferson Residents on the official Jefferson Township Facebook page only. Voting for or liking a photo on any other Facebook page or social media will not be accepted. The top three houses to get the most likes will win! Judges may drive to the houses to view them before placing their votes online on the Jefferson Township Facebook page.
- Judging will take place starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 12 and close by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 15. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods.
- Three prizes will be awarded: First place will include a free 2021 CAPP Beach family membership plus a $100 gift card to a local food establishment. Second place is a $75 gift card to a local food establishment. Third place is a $50 gift card to a local food establishment. All will get bragging rights of being the best in J-Town!
- First place winners cannot win two years in a row.
- Winners will be announced at the December 16 Town Council meeting. We will also call the winners personally.
- Deadline to enter is Friday, December 11. Entries will only be accepted if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Be creative, have fun! Decorations do not have to be store bought to be good. We love homemade creations.
Never miss a headline!
Sign up to have The Jefferson Chronicle emails/breaking alerts and TheJeffersonChronicle.com Print Edition sent free to your inbox. Subscribe >>