“Hope Heals,” a free community art, music, and performance event for all ages, seeks to raise awareness, encourage hope, and reduce the stigma associated with mental health and substance use disorders. The Jefferson Township Municipal Alliance Committee (JTMAC) is presenting the event in collaboration with JTeam and JTConnect.
The art, music, and performance experience takes place rain or shine on Saturday, October 13, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Camp Jefferson (81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong). Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Artists, musicians, and other performers are invited to submit their works for display and performance consideration: visual paintings, drawings, poetry, short stories, and music about the ways people cope in life. Details are listed below.
Hope Heals Concert: Calling All Performers
The open mic session will feature multiple songs and other performances in the outdoor amphitheater (or indoors if the weather is inclement). Performers will be provided with speakers, microphones, and a mixing board with a sound engineer. Songs, stories, and poetry must convey a positive message of hope, reducing stigma, and encouraging ways to cope with life. All ages are welcome.
Prospective performers must provide digital submissions for consideration to the JTMAC no later than Wednesday, October 10. There is no fee required. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Each performer’s first and last names, full residential address, and phone number
- Title and composer’s name for each proposed performance and the time required
- Brief (2-5 sentences maximum) biography; photo encouraged but not required
- Brief (2-5 sentences maximum) description of how each performance relates to mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and/or the stigma associated with them
- Number of performers, instruments, microphones needed, and electrical outlets needed
Hope Heals Art Show: Calling All Artists
Artwork for display can consist of visual paintings, drawings, and works in other media about the ways people cope in life. Depending on the weather, artwork will be displayed outdoors or in the recreation hall. All ages are welcome.
Submissions may be two- or three-dimensional and limited to fine art such as oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, photography, computer-generated, collage, mixed media, clay, and fiber. They must be completely original works created and owned/copyrighted by the applicant, and may not infringe upon the rights of others. Works that depict any recognizable person(s) must be accompanied by a signed model release. Submissions may not depict/contain/represent any content deemed by the committees to be offensive, sexually explicit, or inappropriate. No submission may exceed 50 pounds in weight, six feet in height, or three feet in width.
Artists will have a maximum of an easel, wall, or table to display their work. Final allocation of space may be reduced, dependent upon the number of works accepted. Each piece must arrive at the event completely ready for display.
Prospective artists must provide digital images for consideration to the JTMAC no later than Wednesday, October 10. There is no fee required. Email submissions to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Artist’s first and last names, full residential address, and phone number
- Title of artwork
- Artwork medium
- Brief (2-5 sentences maximum) artist biography; headshot encouraged but not required
- Brief (2-5 sentences maximum) description of how the artwork relates to mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and/or the stigma associated with them
- If applicable, agent/assistant name, address, phone number, and email; artist’s website and/or social media links
Artwork that is approved for display must be delivered on October 13 between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. to the Camp Jefferson recreation hall (81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong). It must be picked up/broken down between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. Artwork remaining unclaimed by 6:00 will become the property of the committees.
To learn more about how to submit your work, visit the Jefferson Township Municipal Alliance Committee on Facebook or on www.jeffersontownship.net (scroll down and click on the JTMAC logo).