Events are subject to change or cancellation without prior notice. Selected events will be published in The Jefferson Chronicle DIGEST monthly magazine.
Submit events to newsroom@TheJeffersonChronicle.com.
The Jefferson Township Health Department will be offering influenza vaccinations to Township residents ages 18 and older from 1 – 3 p.m. on October 22, and from 5 – 7 p.m. on October 29. Both clinics will take place at the Jefferson Township Public Health Center, located at 57 Minnisink Road, Lake Hopatcong. Please note that the high dose flu vaccine, typically offered to residents aged 65 and older, will not be available at these clinics.
The influenza vaccination is free to Jefferson Township residents with Medicare Part B and $20 to other Township residents. Pre-registration is required, and residents wishing to register should call 973-663-0700. The Health Department is taking significant precautions to minimize risk at this time, so flu clinic attendees note these very important instructions:
- Residents are to remain in their car until called by clinic staff
- All clinic attendees must wear a facial covering that covers their mouth and nose
- Attendees must bring a completed flu vaccination consent form to their appointment Please access this form at www.jeffersontownship.net
- Attendees should only bring in the minimum number of persons needed for their appointment
- Clinic attendees who are not feeling well or who have tested positive for COVID-19, should not attend their appointment – please call the health department to reschedule
- Attendees should bring their Medicare Part B card, if applicable
- Attendees should have proof of residency