The new Jefferson Fest – Food Truck Festival, Concert, and Fireworks event is coming on Saturday, July 8 with a fresh, innovative, and exhilarating new look. A fleet of food trucks roll into town and set up on the fields of the Jefferson Township High School at 1010 Weldon Road, Milton/Oak Ridge, ready to serve up their delicious menus starting at 5:30 p.m. and stay through the evening concert:
• Cheezen – gourmet specialty grilled cheese sandwiches (on sourdough, wheat or gluten free bread), wings, nachos, sliders, quesadillas, salads, sides
• Surf & Turf – lobster rolls, surf and turf rolls, steak sandwiches, shrimp tacos, burgers, vegetarian rolls and veggie burgers (all items can be done “Gluten-Free” and served on a bed of delicious sautéed citrus kale)
• Empanada Guys – chicken, pulled pork, beef, cheese, vegetable, and Mexican Chorizo empanadas (meat pies), rice and bean sides
• Jersey Johnny’s – classic Jersey wieners, Angus burgers, fries and sides, salads and hot sandwiches
• The French Quarter – Po boys, fried chicken sandwiches, fried shrimp sandwiches, muffulettas, jambalaya, Vietnamese Banh Mi
• Oink and Moo BBQ – baby back ribs, pulled pork tacos, chili, black bean quesadillas, chipotle chicken tacos, brisket or pulled pork sliders
• Maddalena’s Cheesecake – a variety of cheesecake flavors on a stick, apple crumb pie a la mode, cheesecake filled cannoli.
Jefferson’s own DJ Earl Heller, well known at so many functions in the Jefferson Township community, will begin the event playing a great variety of music and offering some fun activities for the children there.
A former Jefferson Township resident and a Jefferson Township High School graduate, DJ Earl is an accomplished bass guitarist, a member of 215 The Band, dee jays at the Mennen Arena for Friday Night Skates, is the Jefferson Township Teen Scene’s favorite DJ, hosts dance parties at the Camp Jefferson Summer Day Camp, and is the featured DJ at the annual Jefferson Township Fall Festival and Haunted House events in October. His outgoing personality draws in people of all ages to have a good time.
Bounce Around will be onsite with a 25’ climbing rock wall for everyone to enjoy (there will be a nominal fee to climb) from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Climbers will be fitted with a safety harness and attempt to climb to the very top – suitable for all age groups, no experience necessary except wanting to have a good time and try something new.
Up next is the concert! What better way to bring in the new celebration than presenting a unique and nostalgic musical experience on the main stage when The British Invasion Years perform at 7:15 pm on the fields of the Jefferson Township High School.
The Jefferson Arts Committee promises to have you on your feet dancing or at least singing along to this exciting two-hour free concert. With their authentic vintage clothing and musical arrangements, the band takes audiences on a memorable trip back in time, as if you were attending a concert from a bygone era.
Remember, the Beatles arrived in the U.S. on February 9, 1964, but that was only the beginning. More than just the Beatles, the British Invasion Years’ concert is three shows in one
First you will hear classic songs by iconic sixties British groups. The American musical “response” follows with memorable hits by celebrated artists. The sixties era retrospective concludes with an extraordinary note-for-note finale of Beatles tunes
The Jefferson Arts Committee will be selling 50/50 raffle tickets for the drawing that will be held at 9:20 pm, and those food trucks will continue offering delicious food items and refreshments throughout the evening.
Finally, sit back and relax, raise your eyes to the sky for one of the most spectacular aerial fireworks displays you may ever see staged and choreographed by Interstate Fireworks, the same company that has been presenting their fantastic show in Jefferson Township for over two decades.
There’s free admission and free parking including handicapped parking throughout the event. ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol, NO smoking, NO drugs, NO fireworks, NO bicycles, NO pets or animals of any kind, NO large coolers, NO backpacks, NO drones. Bring a lawn chair/blanket for your comfort.
For information, log on to www.jeffersonarts.org, email@example.com, find Jefferson Arts Committee on FACEBOOK, or call 973-697-2032 or 973-697-3828.