The Jefferson Township Recreation Department is again sponsoring a school-based 6-week after –school ski/snowboard program at Mountain Creek in Vernon for Jefferson Township students in grades 3 to 12 as well as for family and friends.
Jefferson Township students 7 to 18 years old participating in the multi-trip program (taking the Rec Department bus) may choose either a ski or snowboard package; and all first-time participants must take the free lessons.
- A multi-trip program lift ticket including six lessons — one for each night the student skis or snowboards on the Jefferson Rec club dates.is available for $139 until 11/27 OR
- A Youth Club Member All Access season pass available for $229 until 10/31 and then $249 until 11/27
The Jefferson Township Middle School/High School program and the Arthur Stanlick/White Rock Elementary School program will run on Thursday evenings January 4, 11, 18, 25 and February 1 and 8. Make-up dates will be February 15 and 22. Two buses will leave directly from the JTMS/JTHS complex at dismissal and return at approximately 9:30 pm to both parking lots while other buses will leave individually directly from the Stanlick School and the White Rock School at dismissal and return to each respective school parking lot at approximately 8:45 pm.
An optional equipment rental package which includes a free Helmet Rental and Rental Damage Insurance is $124 and valid on the six club group nights. New this year, Mt. Creek is offering an unlimited equipment rental also including a free Helmet Rental and Rental Damage Insurance for $179 which is good for the club’s 6-trip dates and any day the resort is open. All Jefferson student skiers and snowboarders must wear helmets to protect against head injury.
Meal vouchers are available at $59.70 for a six-pack voucher offering a choice of a burger, chicken fingers, or pizza with fries and a beverage or the Premium Meal Deal six-pack package at $71.70 offering a choice of a sandwich, salad, or soup; plus a choice of a fruit or yogurt; plus a choice of a beverage.
The Recreation Department offers busing for the six group trips to/from Mountain Creek at $85 per student attending the JT High School, Middle School, White Rock and Stanlick Elementary Schools; and students can bring their own equipment to their respective school the morning of each trip (not on the school bus!) and on the ski bus with them to Mountain Creek. Parents must reserve and make payment online through the Rec Department’s online registration program Community Pass at https://register.
Mountain Creek and Jefferson Rec are also offering friends and family products to residents and non-residents at www.mountaincreek.com/
- All Access Youth Season Pass – Non-participating (no busing) for ages 7 to 18 only – $269 until 10/31 and $289 from 11/1 to 11/27
- Young Adult All Access Season Pass for ages 19 to 29 years only – $269 until 10/31 and $289 from 11/1 to 11/27
- Adult All Access Season Pass for ages 30 and up – $299 until 10/31 and $379 from 11/1 to 11/27
- The new Young Adult Value Pass (not valid on holidays) for 19 to 29 years of age only – $239 until 10/31 and $299 from 11/1 to 11/27
- The new Adult Value Pass (not valid on holidays) for ages 30 and up – $269 until 10/31 and $349 from 11/1 to 11/27
- Note – there is no Youth Value Pass for ages 7 to 18
- After December 1, Mt. Creek will offer Triple Play Cards through their online module using Jefferson Recreation’s log in and password
Detailed print information on how to purchase products online through Mt. Creek’s module for the Jefferson program will be available in the display racks at the Jefferson Township Municipal Building and the Public Library on Weldon Road, online at www.jeffersontownship.net by clicking on the “Forms Center” link and then to the “Recreation” section, in the Recreation Department office at 81 Weldon Road at Camp Jefferson Monday to Thursday between 9 am and 4:30 pm and Friday from 8 am to 3:30 pm, by calling the Recreation Department at 973-663-8404 option 4, or emailingcpunturieri@jeffersontownship.
The Recreation Department is also looking for adults over 18 who may be interested in being a chaperone for the 6-trip program. If interested, contact Recreation Director Grace Rhinesmith at 973-663-8404 x2 or grhinesmith@jeffersontownship.