· Registration is open for an adult basic BEGINNER YOGA CLASS to learn yoga postures, principles of safe alignment, and breathing technique is open to new beginners, those with limited yoga experience, or anyone just wanting to take it slow and steady. While doing these gentle poses taught by Certified Yoga Instructor Linda Mangan, you’ll naturally increase flexibility, release tension, and build mental clarity. There will be 13 sessions on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 8:30 pm beginning September 6 and ending on December 13 (a class make-up date is December 20 if needed). All classes will be held in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge for $45.50 per person. There is a minimum of 15 persons per class with a maximum of 35 people. All students should bring a yoga mat, yoga blocks (optional), and a bottle of water to each session.
· A comprehensive, balanced class with a steady and relaxed flow will be offered in the adult INTERMEDIATE YOGA CLASS and registration is open now. Explore traditional yoga postures with basic to challenging options with emphasis on safe alignment, breath, meditation, and guided relaxation techniques with Certified Yoga Instructor Linda Mangan. This class will run for 11 sessions on Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 8:30 pm beginning September 7 and ending on December 14 (a class make-up date is December 21 if needed) in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge at $38.50 per person. No class on September 21 and November 9. There is a minimum of 15 persons per class with a maximum of 35 people. All students should bring a yoga mat, yoga blocks (optional), and a bottle of water to each session.
· The adult CHAIR YOGA program for the spring season will return with Linda Mangan as the Certified Yoga instructor. This very gentle class will be on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7 pm in the Camp Jefferson Community Lodge, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong in 13 sessions beginning September 6 and ending on December 13 (a class make-up date is December 20) for $45.50 per person. Learn modified yoga postures incorporating the same principles as a full yoga class but seated in a chair focusing on breathing techniques and stress management tools such as meditation and deep relaxation. There is a minimum of 15 persons per Chair Yoga class with a maximum of 35.
· Accepting registrations for the spring session of CORE, a high energy, low-impact adult strength training exercise program. A 11-week session begins on Tuesday, September 5 from 7 to 7:45 pm continuing on consecutive Tuesdays with the last class on December 5 (there is a make-up class on December 19 if needed). Classes are in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge, and the class fee is $38.50. There will be no class on September 19, October 24, and December 12. Taught by Certified Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor, Yoga Teacher, Indoor Cycling, Golden Hearts Instructor Jill Carlson, this strength class will help you gain an understanding of flexibility, balance, coordination and not only isolated exercise but a concentration on functional exercise, which not only builds strength but makes it easier to carry out your everyday daily activities. Jill’s challenge will change you! A minimum of 15 people and a maximum of 35 people is required to run the class. Participants should bring a bottle of water, a challenging set of hand weights, and a mat or large towel for the floor exercises.
· The Jefferson Township Recreation Department is pleased to continue its adult ZUMBA® program this spring. This beginner/intermediate class will be held from 6 to 6:45 pm in the Jefferson Township Middle School cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Milton/Oak Ridge, NJ in 11 sessions beginning on Thursday, September 7 and ending on December 14 for $38.50 per person. There is a make-up date of December 21 if needed. Taught by Certified Zumba® Fitness Instructor Yesenia Centeno, Zumba® takes the “work” out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. The Latin and World rhythms take over – it’s exercise in disguise! Zumba® is a total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you attend a class. There is a minimum of 15 persons per class with a maximum of 35; and all students should wear comfortable clothing and bring a bottle of water to each session.
· The Jefferson Township Recreation Department continues its newer CARDIO KICKBOXING exercise class this Fall. This session class will begin on Wednesday, September 6 starting at 7:30 until 8:15 pm and run for 13 weeks ending on December 13 in The Community Lodge at Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong. The session fee will be $45.50 per person, and there are no classes on October 18 and November 22. This high-energy class features cardio kickboxing combos and body-sculpting dance moves choreographed to the hottest music mixes. It really is the ultimate cardio kickboxing party! It’s also a great way to create a strong community of support, camaraderie, and fitness breakthroughs. This class will be taught by Sarah (LoConte) Langan, a health, fitness and nutrition coach who is currently getting her certified personal trainer certificate. The minimum class size is 15 with a maximum class size of 35. Participants should bring a bottle of water and a towel to each class.
· Jefferson Recreation is happy to announce its new PI YO exercise class this Fall. The class will begin on Tuesday, September 5 starting at 8 pm until 8:45 pm and run for 9 weeks ending on December 5 in The Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge. The session fee will be $31.50 per person, and there is no class on September 26. Come sweat, stretch and strengthen with this all in one workout that is a low impact, high-intensity fusion of Pilates and Yoga. This class will be taught by Sarah (LoConte) Langan, a health, fitness and nutrition coach who is currently getting her certified personal trainer certificate. The minimum class size is 15 with a maximum class size of 35. Participants should bring a mat, a bottle of water and a towel to each class, shoes are optional.
Registration is strictly online at https://register.communitypass.net/reg/index.cfm
Jefferson Township Recreation began using Community Pass for online registration in September 2016. So, if you already have a Community Pass account, enter your log in and password, choose your class(es) under the season “Fall/Winter 2017” and pay the activity fee. If you forgot your log in or password, the system will allow you to recover them using your email address and reset your password or call the Recreation Department for a temporary password.
If you need to set up a new Community Pass account, follow the prompts to set up a personal family account in your name as an adult and pay for the activity. You will automatically receive an email confirmation after you register and make your payment.
If you experience difficulty in setting up an account, log on to www.jeffersontownship.net click on the “Form Center” link on the left side of the home page, and scroll down to the Recreation Department to find “Community Pass Online Registration Instructions” with step-by-step directions. If you need further assistance, please contact the Recreation office at 973-663-8404 x4 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.