In 1942, the Lake Hopatcong Fire Association was established. In 1946, Ellen T. Briggs donated the property at the corner of Route 15 South and Edison where the fire house is located currently.
This year, the Jefferson Township Fire Company #2 celebrated 75 years of providing service to the Jefferson Township residents. During their anniversary celebration on Saturday, August 5, 2017, firetrucks were on display and live music was played free of charge to the community on Fireman's Field.
From 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hollow-Point performed and starting at 4:00 p.m. The Nerds performed. The Nerds received high attendance, due to local popularity; residents brought chairs and blankets to get comfortable. Food trucks and a booth from the Jefferson Dairy were in attendance. Throughout the day 50/50 tickets were sold.
The Jefferson Township Fire Company #2 relies on donations made by the public for equipment and training. A link to donate can be found on their website at http://www.jtfd2.com.
Click or tap photos to enlarge.