Kindergarten registration and residency verification will be held at the Robert F. Drummond Administrative Offices (31 State Route 181) in Lake Hopatcong/Jefferson Township as of February 1st, by appointment only. A general registration and verification, which does not require an appointment, will take place from March 13-15 from 9 to 11 a.m. and from 1 to 3 p.m. Only those children who will be five years of age before October 1, 2018 will be eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2018.
To make an appointment or if you have any questions please call Mary Judge at (973) 663-5780 ex 5094. Please do not contact the school.
Prior to arriving and to expedite the process, please access the district’s website for student registration or use the link below to preregister your child. You will be prompted to select the school that they will be attending for the 2018-19 school year.
Pre-Registration Link: https://www.fridayparentportal.com/jefferson/preregistration/
1. Original birth certificate of the student (photocopies will not be accepted).
2. Must be a current resident of Jefferson Township and provide proof of residency at the time of registration. No exceptions will be made. Your child does not need to be present for registration and residency verification.
- Homeowners: picture ID, most recent mortgage statement, deed to the home, or current tax bill.
- Renters: picture ID, current rental leases agreement and current utility bill (cable, electric, etc.).
- Residents who live in Jefferson and do not own or rent the property: In order to register a child whose parent/guardian is not the homeowner or the person(s) on the rental agreement, the homeowner or the renter must accompany the parent/guardian of the child to registration. Along with the parent’s/guardian’s picture ID and child’s birth certificate the homeowner or renter must present a current tax bill, mortgage statement, deed to the property or a current rental agreement and utility bill (cable, electric, etc.).
Families that do not have the necessary and complete documentation will be asked to reschedule.