With seven schools in a township that comprises over 40-square-miles, it’s no surprise those institutions of learning are overflowing with talent. And each month The Jefferson Arts Committee specifically honors student artists from the local schools.
The students’ works of art – selected by their art teachers – are displayed for one month at the Jefferson Township Public Library. The young artists, including their family and friends are invited to that month’s awards presentation, where each student is recognized with an award certificate and a medal for outstanding achievement.
The Student Artists of the Month for March were presented to:
- Kristofer Petkovski, Ellen T. Briggs School;
- Muskan Rana, Arthur Stanlick School;
- Miles Holloway, White Rock Elementary School;
- Dylan Bak, Cozy Lake Elementary School;
- Erica Bacigalupo, Gianna Favata, Ella Mizeski, Jefferson Township Middle School and
- Baily Hedges and Darby Heys, Jefferson Township High School
The Jefferson Arts Committee’s Student Artists of the Month program was conceived more than a decade ago by former President Jack Kelly to recognize the talented art students in the Jefferson Township School district.
The art teachers from White Rock, Cozy Lake, Ellen T. Briggs, and Arthur Stanlick Elementary Schools along with the art teachers from the Jefferson Township Middle and High Schools each month choose one and sometimes two outstanding pieces of art work from their students. The art work is then submitted to the Jefferson Arts Committee.