Kindergarten registration will be held at the Milton School and the Ellen T. Briggs School in Jefferson Township from March 1-12, 2021 by appointment at the school your child will attend. Your child need not be present during registration.
Only those children who will be five years of age before October 1, 2021 will be eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2021 (see District Policy 5112). Initially, please visit the district website and complete the preregistration form online. The phone numbers for the schools are: Milton School (973) 697-4742, and Ellen T. Briggs School (973) 663-0900
- Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal). Child must be five years of age prior to October 1.
- Each Student must have a physical examination and provide examination documentation within 30 days upon enrollment/entry into school. The exam must have been completed within the year.
- Complete immunization against DTaP (DTP): four doses minimum, with one dose given on or after fourth birthday, or any five doses given at appropriate
- Complete immunization against Polio: three doses minimum, with one dose given on or after fourth birthday, or any four doses given at appropriate.
- Complete immunization against Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): two doses of a measles vaccine to be given on or after first MMR vaccine given on or after one year of age, followed by measles containing vaccine, with vaccine doses separated by at least one month. Laboratory evidence of immunity is acceptable in lieu of receiving the second dose of measles, mumps or rubella vaccine.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: three doses appropriately
- Varicella Vaccine: 1 dose given after 1st Laboratory evidence of immunity or statement of previous Varicella disease is acceptable.
(Doctor’s or Health Department Certificate is required as written proof that the above are completed.)
- Proof of Residence
- Homeowners: mortgage statement or current Jefferson Township tax bill
- Renters: rental agreement/lease AND current utility bill
- Parent picture identification (i.e., driver’s license).
Bring all of the required documentation with you to your appointment. Anyone failing to provide necessary documents will be asked to reschedule.
Appointments will be held outside of school hours and only one registrant will be permitted in the building at a time. As such, please arrive on time for your appointment. Masks must be worn at all times while in the building.
State Law prohibits the acceptance of any child who does not meet these requirements prior to the first day of entering school in September.