Jefferson Township Public Library will be reopening its doors to the public starting Monday, July 13. The library will resume regular hours (Mon-Fri 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m. / Sat 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. / Sun 1-5 p.m.)
Please note the library’s safety measures for this phase of reopening.
- Masks are required for anyone entering the building.
- Children over the age of 2 must be wearing a mask and be accompanied by an adult.
- A hand sanitizing station will be set up prior to entering the library. There are also hand sanitizers placed throughout the building.
- Social distancing of six or more feet is highly recommended.
- The library will operate at 25 percent capacity (approximately 55 people).
- A limited number of public computers will be available to ensure patrons are more than six feet apart.
- Computers monitors, keyboards, surfaces, and mice must be cleaned after each use.
- Patrons should limit their time on the computers to 20 minutes per day to allow all patrons access to them.
- Tablets in the Children’s Section will be spaced six feet apart.
- Wipes will be provided to fully clean tablets after each use.
- Returned books will be quarantined for three days in the Riker Room.
- Bathrooms are open to the public, though you are using them at your own risk.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
- Surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned in the morning and periodically throughout the day.
Services not available at this time:
- In-person programs larger than 10 persons
- Inter-library loans with other MAIN libraries
- Notary service
- Curb-side service will end – Held items can be picked up at the circulation desk
- Water cooler has been temporarily removed